Migrating to Magento 2
If your business has grown and you are looking for a new platform in order to handle a bigger daily operation and offer your customers a new and better buying experience migrating to Magento 2 is the change you need.
Magento 2 is an e-commerce solution for medium to large-scale businesses. It’s a platform with a lot of out-of-the-box features and allows to add extra modules in order to fit with every business needs.
In Rapicart we have experience migrating sites from different e-commerce platforms to Magento 2, such as Magento 1, WooCommerce, PrestaShop and custom developments. Our Certified Magento 2 Professionals will help you, analyzing your current store and adapting Magento 2 to your specific needs.
If what you need is to develop your Magento platform from scratch you can check our Magento Development Service.
Why Magento 2?
Let’s talk more about Magento 2. This platform includes a modern and attractive design and provides an awesome UX (User Experience). Its main features are:
- An improved checkout process with just 2 steps and a great UX.
- An Instant Purchase option allows customers to buy in just one click directly from the product details page.
- Visual Merchandising feature to allow Merchants to sort their products within a category using a drag-and-drop interface.
- B2B Functionality for business to business sales.
- Responsive design in order to bring a better buying experience to mobile phones and tablets.
- Quicker loading times and search engine friendly.
- For merchants it offers an easy product creation process, improved grids allowing filters and column customizations.
The new version of Magento 2.3 also comes with native PWA (Progressive Web App), which means the website will look and behave like it would on a mobile app, providing an incredible user experience to customers, and increasing the conversion rates for the Merchant.
Ready to migrate to Magento 2?
If your company is ready to migrate to Magento 2, there are some basic checks we need to go through to start the process:
Review key features you need to maintain in the new site
- Whether your current store site is Magento 1 or not, it’s necessary to check what modules/features you are using and want to keep in order to set them up or develop them in the new platform.
Analysis and recommendation of New Features
- As mentioned earlier, Magento 2 comes with a lot of new out-of-the-box features, allowing customers to have a better buying experience, and increasing conversion rates. It’s important to go trough these features and analyze which ones could be helpful for your business. Due our vast experience working with Magento, we often advise on other features that aren’t part of Magento 2 but that can be implemented to better fit your business model.
- Your current site might have been integrated with different external applications and services. We’ll need to develop these integrations in order to have the same features in your new platform. In Rapicart we have experience integrating Magento with a wide range of ERP’s and marketing services for online campaigns.
- We know for every company the design and colors chosen are in part responsible for the success of the business. This is why we took this step very seriously. Our front-end professionals will take care of the design, advising the best ways to implement it in Magento 2 whilst taking advantage of the new UX concepts.
- As part of the migration process to Magento 2, it’s taken as a given that information will need to be migrated from the old store to the new. A complete data migration should include:
- Catalog (Products, Categories);
- Customer Info (Customer Accounts, Order History);
- Content (Cms Pages and Blocks).
- Part of this process is also to import media files, such as product images, category images, banners, etc.
- Depending on how many stores, products, categories, customers and concurrent users your site has, it may need more or less resources to run quickly and offer a good speed to your customers. In Rapicart we are partners with different hosting providers who specialize in offering Magento dedicated servers. Choosing the correct server is vital for the success of the store. We’ll analyze and test your new site speed in order to guarantee a good performance.
- This is a critical step, here we’ll switch off the old site and switch on the new platform. This process is usually performed after business hours in order to minimize the impact on online sales.